- Download 0
- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date October 30, 2022
- Last Updated October 30, 2022
Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - Board Meeting
- Lourdes reviewed and provided phone contact numbers for the current Sector Eddie NCO officers
- Michael Weisbrod brought up the unregistered cars being parked by the fire hydrant on Little Neck Parkway across from the Hill Top auto body shop. His calls to sanitation have not been of any help
- Lourdes spoke about organizing some ideas for fun events this spring to engage the community and the possibility to have some financial support from our officials
- It was brought up that the Block Captain areas should be redrawn. Ginnie Werner agreed to deliver Newsletters on her block 235rd Street between 85th and 86th Avenues
- Jim Delany & Lourdes spoke about ongoing efforts to address the Cross Island southbound exit onto Hillside Avenue. Indra brought up possible problems that could arise with the realignment of the lanes.
- Jim & Lourdes spoke about the meeting with Parks Commissioner about the playground's ongoing issues and status of work on the Reading Garden
- Lourdes advised that Toby Stavinski contacted her and said the there actually are discussions underway with regard to development at Creedmore. She promised to keep BCCA in the loop when community meetings
would be held.
- It was brought up at the Oct 24 Community Board meeting that Ballot Proposal #3 creating a Racial Equity Commission could create unforeseen problems in the future. The other proposals were not mentioned
- The Board voted to subsidize the cost of the Bellerose Joint Business District luncheon at Nancy's on Nov 12. The cost of $50 per person would be split 50/50 for both board members and spouses.
- It was agreed that the December general meeting would be held on Thursday, Dec 8 instead of the first Thursday Dec 1.
- The next Board meeting will be Tuesday, Nov 29.