Please feel free to browse our Newsletters. Note that normally there is no meeting in the months of February, July and August and therefore no newsletter for those months.
We have also added some extra material to view. One piece dating back to the year 1932.
BCCA Newsletters 1981
Thank you to all our members who have been providing us with newsletters to add to this archive page. If anyone else has a newsletter that is missing from any of the years posted above and would like to help out, please contact us so that we can add it to the library. Thank You.
Please note that the Bellerose Commonwealth Civic Association nor it’s Board Members endorse any information contained in websites outside of this one. We can not be responsible for content on third party sites nor do we receive any payment from those sites.
Creedmoor Civic Association Golden Anniversary Album 1927-1977
The following album was kindly made available by our neighboring Civic, The Creedmoor Civic Association Inc. Our gratitude to them. The album is a total of 24 pages. Enjoy.
Bellerose Homes For Under $5,000!
The ad is for houses on 252 St. There were three “model homes” (84-12, 84-16 and 84-20) that were built first. This add probably dates back to 1937 or 1938.
Click the image to the left to view the flyer. The date of the flyer is unknown right now. If anyone has an idea of the year, please let me know.
- Glen Oaks Newspaper from January 16, 1975 Articles about the Bellerose Library, OTB, and The Bellerose Project. READ THE ARTICLE>
- Queens Illustrated Newspaper from August 11, 1977 speaks about the Bellerose Library being promoted. READ ARTICLE HERE>
- Great New York Times article by Diana Shaman from July, 5, 1987 about Bellerose in which one statement is made referring to our community “where neighbors lookout for neighbors” Not to mention that our very own Richard Hellenbrecht is quoted at the end of the article! (Our thanks to George Wolf and his wife for keeping this great article and sharing it with us.). READ ARTICLE HERE>
- New York Post article from August 19, 1977 about the Bellerose Library being approved. READ THE ARTICLE HERE>
- “Can You Survive Full Assessment?” is the title of this flyer put out by the BCCA in 1979. READ ARTICLE HERE>
- A flyer put out by the BCCA in May of 1965 calling for “Demonstration, Parade and Rally In Support of The Neighborhood Schools.” Against plans from the Board of Education. Take note of the telephone numbers on the flyer beginning with letters. READ ARTICLE HERE>
- New York Times from February 22, 2009 about the changing Bellerose Neighborhood.READ ARTICLE HERE>